Site Liaisons play an important role as the point person between GOTR, the site, and coaches. It is encouraged that Site Liaisons have a deep connection to the site as an employee, engaged parent and/or community member. Liaisons partner with Girls on the Run to ensure the success and sustainability of the team.
- Serve as the primary contact for GOTR staff and coaches before and throughout the program
- Gain approval from the principal/site director to host the program and submit a site application
- Champion your GOTR team and create a cooperative relationship with school administration (if applicable)
- Identify the practice space and choose a practice schedule
- Assist in the recruitment of at least 2 coaches for the team*
- Recruit participants through an inclusive outreach effort, using materials provided by GOTR. Share awareness of financial assistance available for participants facing barriers.
- Meet with coaches prior to the start of the season to review team logistics
- The Site Liaison may also serve as a coach, if they choose to do so
*If you cannot secure coaches, we will work with you to identify coaches from our volunteer pool. Subject to availability.